Monday, March 23, 2009

multi-fiber warp

I finally got the warp on! It took several days of painstaking work to get it together. This is an assignment for the Risd class. It has 7 kinds of fiber, all white or off white and one orange, and one is copper. They are Rayon, Bamboo, Mercerized Cotton, Merino, Superlamb (a non shrinking wool), Linen, Wool-Silk blend. We are doing a sampler with a threading which is kind of netting pattern, which could be a nice weave for curtains. Now that I'm weaving on this warp, I'm out of the woods. There were several hurdles and hoops to navigate. I believe that these difficulties will become less tedious and painful the more I just do it. It's so satisfying to watch the cloth grow. I'll add a picture tomorrow. Tonight, J and I and supper downstairs with M. It was so relaxing and joyful. How great to have a French Bistro underneath my loom!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I was born in Massachusetts and grew up in the countryside west of Worcester. I was an art major in college, worked in human services for several years before studying to become an acupuncturist. I worked as a Doctor of Acupuncture in private practice in RI for about 10 years. I recently have begun weaving, spinning and designing projects for the loom.